Monday, July 12, 2010

Adoption Journey: Our First Weekend

Dude, the J-man has been living with us for more than 5 days! Sometimes it feels like he just got here yesterday and sometimes it feels like he has always been here. It has been a crazy 5 days, but also a kind of just normal 5 days. I'll explain.

Crazy that we have 4 kids now. Crazy that we have had 2 CPS visits, 1 lawyer visit, a trip to the pediatrician, and a trip for a visitation. Crazy that I have to carry 2 babies upstairs one weighing 26 pounds. Crazy that the J-man liked (I say liked because today he only threw one) throwing tantrums. Crazy that Alexis' two front teeth decided to make an appearance and she was up until 11:30am last night. Crazy that I forgot about the milk cups I let the boys bring yesterday on the way to church in the van and discovered them this morning(Please remember that it is summer and I live in Texas). Crazy that I had 5 things on my to-do list this weekend and only did 2 of them(Yes one of the things on my list was to post an update for everyone). Crazy that I get stared at when I go out with all the kids and was called "insane" twice this weekend.

Normal that we went to the pool on Saturday and everyone loved it. Normal that we have taught J-man that it's ok to crawl all over the house and play with anything. (When he first got here he wouldn't crawl more than a foot) Normal that typical meals for the babies now include yogurt, sweet potatoes, cut up peaches, and veggie straws (again when we first got J-man he wouldn't eat anything and it has become obvious that he did not have a good diet). Normal that at 2:00pm all the McManus children are in their rooms sleeping and/or resting. Normal that we all made it to the gym on time and Mom got a must needed hard workout and uninterrupted shower. Normal that I did 4 loads of laundry, folded and put the clothes away, cleaned all the bathrooms, and kitchen. Normal that my kids adore little J-man (Bryce actually cried when we dropped him off for visitation, so sweet). Normal that my husband is my freakin hero and has helped me out a lot and already loves that sweet little baby (I wish I could post pictures).

That's all for now. I'm off to have a couch date with my man.

4 comments:

Lorajean Kelley said...

I'm hoping over the couch for a date my self! I love following your life Jenn!

Priceless said...

YOU are MY hero:)!

Amy said...

thanks for the update on your crazy-normal life:-)

jennijen said...

you are so amazing! I *love* the couch date. are we allowed to invite J-man over for a playdate?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...