Saturday, July 17, 2010

Everyone was Kung Fu Fighting

Connor has been taking Karate all summer and EVERYONE is absolutely loving it. Connor loves it because he loves the kicking, jumping, hitting, and running around. I also think he loves having something he can feel proud about. Bryce loves it because he gets to sit in the back of the class with me and just observe. That is how he rolls and he is really picking up on a lot of the material. I love it because it is teaching my boys self control, self discipline, self esteem, and some self defense (yup that's a lot of selfs). I also LOVE that the Sensei is very strict and reinforces a lot of the stuff I say everyday about being polite and having self control. It helps make me not look like such a broken record.

Connor earned his white belt this week by reciting the "Class Creed". He did very well at speaking loudly and clearly and I'm very proud of him. Here's the creed:

1) I must develop myself in a positive manner and avoid anything that would reduce my mental growth or physcial self.

2) I must develop self discipline in order to bring out the best in myself and others.

3) I must use common sense before self defense and neverbe abusive of offensive.

Here's a little video of that class (I messed up filming the third part of the creed due to technical difficulties (or because of a little 3 year old and a 10 month old)).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...