I've never been one to do the New Years Resolution thing. (And even put off this post until the 2nd week of January. I'm such a rebel.) Probably because the only one I can think of each year is.... eating better.....and well that is just never gonna happen. (Even right now, I'm making cinnamon rolls......Mmmmm gooey CARB-A-LICIOUS cinnamon rolls.)
Instead I'm going to try to do "goals". You see apparently if you change the name to "goals" it makes some kind of difference. We shall see. Feel free to check up on me and see how I am doing.
1) Do at least one triathlon this year (maybe two) and beat my time from last year. (Ugh the one I'm going to do is in April this year. :gulp: ) And I want to be able to do 100 push-ups in a row without stopping. (Did I mention that I hate push-ups?)
2) Read/Study the Gospels and Epistles and journal everyday (well 5 days a week). Continue reading through "Bible Doctrine" By Wayne Grudem (that book is like the best Christian theology cliff notes version and it's still hard, but great read).
3) Read more. And that means reading fun books too (I can't remember the last time I read a book that was just silly and fun). And I want to read to the boys more this year. Thinking about reading "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe". Any thoughts on that one?
4) Make friends and work on the "new" ones I have. This one sounds really sad, huh? But I haven't made the kind of friends I had in Keller. And I take all the responsibility on this one. It's really hard to make friends when you have a million young kids. (Wow any other Moms struggle with this one? I used to be SO social and outgoing)
5) Adam and I will continue to go, do, give, and obey whatever God calls us to this year. We will continue to let someone who is in ministry and can't have a full-time job live with us for free. And we will continue to foster as long as we feel like God wants us to. And who knows what else God will calls us to this year.....
Well......secretly I should have others like; trying to dress like a 30 year old, become better at daily scheduling, become more daring with cooking, actually "cook", and get a hobby. But I'll stick with the 5 above.
What about you? Resolutions? Goals?