Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dream Big

When I graduated from High School I sang a little song at graduation and at church the Sunday before called "Dream Big". It was perfectly cliche and was meant to inspire my class to go out into that big ole world and well...."Dream Big". (Man if only I had a video of us singing that song it would be Youtube gold.)
Recently my heart has been restless and I have been challenged again and again to want...no...need more. I don't mean more money or stuff or even more happiness. I have everything I have ever wanted or needed. A loving family, still head over heals in love with my husband, healthy kids, a roof over our head, food on the table, (and a TV to watch Glee). I'm extremely happy and love life, but there are so many out there who don't. That is where the more comes into play. I want to do more for others, change the world, show those who don't have hope the love of Christ, feed the hungry, and help the poor. I want to do big things for Jesus, but have no idea where to start. So today I'm making my dreams public hoping that this will push me to not only continue to dream big but to strive to complete some of those dreams. It's not going to be easy but I will trust that with the Lord anything is possible. Here is a list of just some of my big dreams.(not goals but dreams) Please pray for me as I journey towards making big dreams come true.

1) Foster kids whose family can't take care of them. Show them the love of Jesus while loving and providing for them. A whole house full!

2) Adopting kid(s) I don't know how or when, but Adam and I will adopt. What a perfect picture of the gospel. Taking in a child who no one wants and making him/her a perfect part of our family.

3) Write a book. I'm not a writer, but it's a dream of mine.

4) Speak at children's camps around the country and the world. I have a passion for engaging the younger generations. Over and over again I'm blown away at what kids can do when someone challenges them to dream big. I want to be one of those people.

5) Start a program in my community that gives families an opportunity to serve others. A lot of people are willing to help others, but don't know how. I'm one of those people right now. I want to help, but don't know where to start or how to do it with young kiddos.

6) Go on a trip to a place where Jesus' name is not on every street corner as a family. We don't feel called to drop everything and become missionaries(although that sounds so exciting), but I want my kids to experience mission work outside of the United States sooner rather than later.

7) Provide a support organization for stay at home moms. Again I'm here. I yearn for a place where I can hang out and talk with other Moms. A place where my kids can play safely with other kids. More importantly I want this community of Moms to be ready to help each other and show other Moms the hope they can have in Christ.

Well there's my list! Whew I feel so vulnerable right now, but am excited about taking steps towards one or more if not all of these dreams. Watch out world here I come!!

What about you?! What are some of your dreams???

5 comments:

mommykoo said...

=) thank you for sharing your dreams. God put them in your heart for His purposes. I will hold you accountable about this and will pray for you.

Anonymous said...

Sweets you have taken a first step, by declaring a vision you can now hold yourself accountable, next step is to allow Christ to move His Spirit and show you direction.
He will...no question He will..
Dream Big?? yes to us it may be big , but to a God that created life it's nothing, you just wait and see His hand moving..

I love you and your spirit.

Daddy

Susan Kimmel said...

Ask of me and i will give you the nations...That is his promise, its exciting to see how he is planting that in your heart thru these dreams! I dream to raise a family that looks outward too and helps others...how do you do that even in their schools not just oceans away! Dream Big...God is Big and he will walk with you thru it all!! Way to go girl!! :) miss ya

The Lows said...

I look forward to watching you grow in these dreams! You definitely have the heart to do all this and more! By the way, I was hoping I'd never have to remember singing that song!!

Amy said...

That's a great list . . . good for you for dreaming big!! Let know how we can help you with any of those:-) we'll be praying!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...