Monday, September 20, 2010

Mama.....

Don't we just LOVE hearing that little word? It melts our heart and brings tears to our eyes. Especially when you hear it for the first time. (And if you are lucky it's their first word) But just recently hearing the words "Mama" for the first time brought tears to my eyes for a totally different reason. J-man has started calling me Mama and it warms my heart and breaks it at the same time. Just tonight at our small group he started crying and I walk over to him. He reached his little hands up in the air and called out saying "Mama....Mama". I scooped him up and sat down with him. Our small group knows our journey and there was a awkward silence in the room. I know what everyone was thinking and I was thinking the same thing. I feel so blessed to be this little boy's Mommy for right now. But it won't be forever and he could be going back to Bio Mom in a little over 2 weeks. Ever day it seems like his case changes and everyday I have to deal with feelings that I can't quite explain just yet. I love this little boy, but the reality is that even though right now to him I'm his "Mama" that's just not the case. Please pray for me friends.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby.. What a blessing. You never may know what impact you have had on this precious life. God is watching over him and the way your have touch his bio-mom.. well you may not know what you have done here until the good Lord tells you in heaven. Remember that song we use to like to listen too about the visits in heaven you get from people you touched on earth and never quite knew the outcome. You will have a ton of those someday in eternity. I love you so much and am so proud of you .. my sweet "baby" girl. Love Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...