Friday, August 20, 2010

Look at what I "learnded" this week!

So I've decided to post once a week a couple things that I'm learning. I'll write primarily about things God is teaching me, but fun things too, cause well....I'm funny! (DUH?!) Now if no one comments on these posts it WILL hurt my feelings. Sometimes I think it's important to speak about what is on your heart and that's exactly what I plan to do, so enjoy!

1) I want my life and my family to look radically different. (In a good way I hope) I refuse to except the American dream as the goal in this life. I don't want a huge house beautifully decorated, a new car, a huge diamond ring on my left finger, a smoking hot body, and new BOOBS. I want instead a house full of kids who love Jesus and love others. I want my kids to know that Mom and Dad love Jesus so much that we were willing to open our hearts and home (and finances) to adopt children in need of love. I want to lead people to Christ and always find a way to give glory to God. Sounds good right? Well let me just be honest I struggle with the "I don't want" list cause my flesh really wants those things. So right now, I pray daily that God reminds me to keep my mind's attention and heart's affection on the things I do "want". Are you there?

2) "Where does all this junk come from?" I'm constantly fighting the battle of JUNK in my house. You? I mean where does it all come from, seriously?? Last night I went through our kitchen pantry, every kitchen cabinet, and every kitchen draw. I'm ashamed to admit how much crap, trash, and recycling I threw out. I hate having "stuff" we don't use and especially DON'T NEED, but it likes me a lot. It might be time for another "HELP Haiti Garage Sale" We only need 1 cup, 1 spoon, 1 fork, 1 plate, 1 knife, etc for each member of our family, right???

3) Foster care is still hard, but I can't imagine doing anything else right now. We are still in the hole financially (not sure how the "bad foster parents" out there make money in foster care), hate going to court, not okay with this case that changes everyday. BUT I love the conversations that I've had to random people who are fascinated with our family. Love the times I get to let Bio Mom know that someone does love her, pray for her, and generally cares for her. And I have to believe that the time J-man gets to spend in our family is intentional and that perfect seeds are being planted in his life. Please join me in prayer for this little boy.

4) If you can, have a photographer come to your house to take pictures of your kiddos. Thanks Daniel for bringing your whole backdrop, it was a lot easier on me. I know it might have not seemed easier but trust me IT WAS!!

5) Having a two story house is really good and really bad at the same time. It's really good when 2 little boys want to play some obnoxiously loud game. It's really not good when you have to carry two babies up and down stairs all day long. It's really good when you realize that no one will ever see your master bed, so the bed doesn't have to look perfect. It's really not good when you and your husband are laying on the couch relaxing and a baby starts crying. (You see you have to run up there before that said baby wakes the other baby and things go from bad to worse)

That's was I'm learning this week....see ya next week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are lessons I think most of are still trying to learn! A "house full of children who love Jesus.." now, that is a wonderful dream/goal! Keep up the great work, stoked you all are fostering....we need more wonderful, loving, caring, families like ya'll! keep it up!

Kari said...

yea, someone else that will post what God is teaching! Can't wait to read all about it.

Beth said...

The bright side to a two story house is exercise going up and down the stairs. Exercise that you didn't plan or have to think about or even change your clothes to do! Haha! =)

I totally agree with you on the "American Dream" why not just live a simple life? I find that the American Dream = stress. And as we all know stress is a killer. Big isn't always better and the body you have is the body God intended you to have. All you have to do is take care of it.

I think that it is wonderful that you are fostering. You have such a big heart!

Mr Bush said...

Love it !!!
Totaly
Daddy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...