Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday J-Man

I'll never forget the first time I saw you, J-man. You were scared and wide eyed and took to me quickly. You were quiet and shy, but when you smiled your whole face lite up. The next 2 months have flown by and that little boy who was dropped off at our door is no where to be found. You're a smiley little boy with a contagious laugh. You love your brothers and sister very much. When the boys are up stairs you sit at the bottom of them laughing and screaming at them to come back down. You and Alexis wake up giggling and laughing at each other and it's so cute that sometimes I have a hard time going to get you two. You're crawling like a mad man, pulling up, and starting to cruise. But my favorite change is the way you react when you see me. When I used to drop you off at church or the gym you seemed apprehensive only because I was the only constant, but now I drop you off with ease, because you always know that I come back to get you. And that is my favorite moment with you, when I come pick you up or heck sometimes when I just leave the room and walk back in. Your whole face lights up and you start clapping with excitement, then you power crawl to me. You love your Mama very much and it melts my heart every time. You have come such a long way since that first day and I feel so blessed that God picked us to be your parents during this time. I pray that you continue to learn and grow and become more and more confident. I pray that you keep smiling and capturing every person's heart who sees it. I pray that the days, weeks, months (and if things drastically change maybe years or forever) you spend in our family God will capture your heart. You're a light in our lives and in your Bio Mom's life. She is having a hard time missing you, but that smile and sweet embrace help give her the strength she needs to get better. You don't know it right now, but you are the reason is she fighting. I pray that you continue to be that for her and eventually others. I pray that God captures your heart for Him and uses you to bring His glory. I pray that your story is one of grace, renewal, love, redemption, and strength. I love you and am blessed to be your Mom. Keep shining my son.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...