Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Saying Goodbye to a SON

Tomorrow morning I'll wake up. Go into his room. Scoop him up and get him dressed. I'll tickle him and get a morning hug. We'll walk downstairs. I'll walk, he'll go on his stomach. I'll get his milk and his cheerios. He'll be smiley and giggling as the kitchen becomes louder and louder with kid's voices, and squeals, and screams. He'll talk and giggle with his sister. Maybe even throw a Cheerio or two. I'll clean him up. Get his things and walk him to the car.

Then I'll say "goodbye".....

On Friday, I'll say goodbye to my son. He came to us 6 months ago; scared, sleepy, with no clothes, no toys, nothing. We knew nothing about him. But LOVED him. He quickly became part of our family. We had a couple of weeks where we thought he'd be our son forever. Then for months we knew that just simply wasn't the case. His Bio Mom was working hard to get him back and one day we would say goodbye.

My heart is aching and rejoicing. Rejoicing for a mother who has not been with her son for months. She has worked hard and is doing great. But he is MY son. He's been MY son for months. He calls me "Mama." He's a brother to my sons. A brother...no a twin to my daughter. He's my husband's "big man" and son. He loves us very much and we love him.

I'm frustrated that we have to say goodbye a week before Christmas. I hate that he won't be here with us. But I'm excited that his Bio Mom doesn't have to miss the first Christmas he gets to enjoy.

Join me friends. Pray for our little man.

Pray for his Bio Mom.

Pray for this transition.

Pray for Connor, Bryce, and Alexis. Pray for Adam and me.

Pray that the short time he was with us, the short time he was our son means something eternally.

Pray that one day I see my son again. This time we embrace knowing that we'll spend eternity together......Pray my friends!

7 comments:

minda312 said...

Ooooh Jen. I've got tears right now. Praying for you.

SherryB said...

praying for your family. I love how you have loved him AND his bio mom well through all of this. Love the heart of your family.

Unknown said...

wow...that's all i know to say..your strength is amazing and, even though we don't know each other, I will be praying for you guys...you have touched my day and reminded me to love my baby girl from afar really hard until she gets to be with us.....that she is really HIS and not ours.....but she sure is ours in my heart....take courage and know there are people praying..

Erin McCoy said...

praying!! i know we'll soon be living out this day ourselves..

Anonymous said...

Dear Jen, Adam, Connor, Bryce, Alexis, and J-Man -- You have all touched each others lives and in turn have touched all of ours. God has plans for each of us that we do not know now, can't know now, don't understand now, but have to accept, accept that He knows the whys, and hows and whos in our lives. Take comfort in the love you have shared and the love that will be returned to you when we are all united in his heavenly kingdom. Your faith is a blessing to us all. My heart breaks and rejoices with you . . .
Love Nana

Anonymous said...

How can Gigi type with tears rolling down her face. I was there when he came to us.. a little scared but smiling at Bryce trying to get his attention. Sitting in my little girl's lap like he had been there forever. He stole all our hearts in minutes. God truly blessed you and us with this gift of a son/grandson. I know someday he will show us how his life was touched by yours. I am praying and will be there soon to smile, laugh and perhaps cry a bit together. I love you all so much GIGI

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful work for the Lord you are doing Jennifer Bush McManus...I wish many more people had the strength you do to give more needy babies a soft place to land and love to smother them like you have ! Be blessed girl !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...