Monday, June 11, 2012

The Video



When I was first diagnosed with cancer everyone was so sweet and encouraging to me. People said things like : "if anyone can beat this it is you" or "you are so strong" or "you got this". I kind of felt exactly that way, like I was going to kick this cancer's ass. But as time went by my heart changed a bit, I still wanted to live and still wanted cancer to go away. But I wanted my story to be about more than a girl who is a tough chick. I wanted God to get all the credit. I wanted this story to be about Him. So I started praying.....

 At the time Daniel Davis was living with us. He is a brilliant photographer and ask us if he could take pictures of our cancer journey. We agreed still not knowing how God would use them. Daniel began working for the story team at our church Austin Stone and the idea to do a video began.

These pictures are real, raw, and kind of scare the crap out of me. I don't remember most of these images or when they were taken. I was sick very sick. I don't look "cute" in them (and we all know that we want cute pictures up on the internet of us). I was smack in the middle of doing crazy treatments everyday. I had gained 15 pounds, my body was freakin out, and our family was in survival mode. I was nervous about this video. Nervous at how it would be received.

But we prayed and believed that God had a story to tell. That His name was going to be lifted high in the midst of trial and suffering. Please friends!! Post, email, share, tweet, Facebook this video. We have been praying that God uses it somewhere for someone for months now. The story team at The Austin Stone did an incredible job and we want people to see it.

Thanks again for everyone who is praying for us. And please continue to pray for those who are fighting this fight alone with no hope of the Gospel.

* Daniel Davis also did an incredible job taking pictures of the night I lost my hair. Feel free to share this one too.


Strength from Adam McManus on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Jamie Ivey said...

God wins. Love this. Love this video. Thanks for sharing your video.

Anonymous said...

Its Me.....I hope you have guessed who it was by now, if not, thats fine. (Stephanie Klepinger Lewis)

www.spadiva99@yahoo.com

G said...

My son does karate (different belt level but I've seen you at LTF). I've been following this blog for a long time... any updates? I'm worried...

Cameron VSJ said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

Thanks!

Cameron

Ryan, Tyler and our crazy cat Gracie said...

This was beautiful. I saw it today on Tim Chailles page. I am thankful that you are sharing your story. God uses every piece for His glory if we hold it with our hands opened. I am thankful you are in remission. My friend overcame the fear and started living her cancer journey out loud and God used and is using it to encourage and bless families. I thought some of the people who come to your page could use the encourage from her. http://inheritanceofhope.org/ Blessings on where God leads you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...