Thursday, February 16, 2012

Please be my strength...

Today is my 200th day on chemo.....

And to celebrate my body has completely failed me. This week has been super hard. Side effects that are usually pretty bad were worst. And I have been getting some new ones.

Instead of being sad about a bad week, I have made a video that I pray encourages you today.....

I miss my hair. I battled with it a lot in the past, but now that it is gone I miss it more than I ever thought I would. Yesterday while washing my hair a clump came out. I forgot that it could fall out again now that I am on a stronger chemo dosage. That made me so sad. Sad because it has taken months and months for my hair to grow.

It reminded me of the thousands of people out there beginning their cancer journey. I thought about all the women who are scared about what cancer will do to their hair. And I closed my eyes and prayed for them.

So I put together a little video. A video that I pray brings others hope. Hope that only our God can give them.

Be strong my friends....And find strength in Jesus......

3 comments:

Kari said...

Just lost it and am sitting here sobbing. Thank you for sharing such a precious glimpse into your family. Praying for you.

MagistraCarminum said...

Found your blog through mutual friend Jami M., and wanted you to know I'll be lifting you in prayer. My hubby is a 20 year stage-4 melanoma survivor, and I am currently recovering from my second breast cancer surgery. We know the road you are on, and we know that Jesus is enough. May He give you the peace he promises to His children, and bring you health. Know you will be in my prayers.

Cynthia said...

Sweet Friend, My heart is overwhelmed for you. Your faith is inspiring. Adam's notes encourage our marriage. We love you guys, and are praying for ALL of you. Whatever we can, please let us know!

Love you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...